City Registrar: Brenda Williams
For Questions or information call: 662-328-2381
You may register to vote by mail or in person. For city residents, Voter Registration is available Monday through Friday from 8 am - 5 pm in City Hall, located at 523 Main Street. If you wish to register by mail,you may pick up a form at City Hall or the public library, or you may download one from the Secretary of State’s Website.
Forms can be mailed to:
City of Columbus
Office of Registrar
P.O. Box 1408
Columbus, MS 39703-1408
If you register by mail, your application must be postmarked at least 30 days prior to the election in which you want to vote.
If you register in person, you must register at least 30 days prior to the election in which you want to vote.
If you have previously registered, you generally remain registered unless you move or are no longer eligible to vote. If you have moved, you can change your address and update your registration. After registering,you will be given your precinct name and the location of that precinct's polling place. It is essential to update your registration with your current address information, even if have moved within the city, because your precinct may have changed.
City Precinct and Voting Locations
Your City precinct and voting location is NOT the same location as for county and state elections. Your voter registration card from the City will list your assigned polling place. Polling places for City precincts include:
- Townsend Park: 826 5th Street South
- William Washington Terrace: 2201 8th Avenue South
- National Guard Armory: 111 Fabritek Dr
- Fairview School: 225 Airline Road
- East Columbus Gym: 207 Lawrence Drive
- First Assembly: 2201 Military Road
- Columbus High School: 215 Hemlock
- Propst Park Community Hut: 2535 Main Street
- Hunt School: 920 20th Street North
- Columbus Fire Station #1: 205 7th Street South
- MUW Carrier Lodge: 802 1st Street South
- Union School: 1425 10th Avenue North
- Brandon Central Office: 2630 McArthur Drive