You may register to vote by mail or in person. For city residents, Voter Registration is available Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm at the Circuit Clerk's office in Lowndes County Courthouse, located at 505 2nd Ave N, Columbus, MS 39701. If you wish to register by mail, you may pick up a form at Lowndes County Courthouse, the public library, or you may download one from the Secretary of State's Website. Forms can be mailed to:
P.O. Box 31
Columbus, MS 39703
If you register by mail, your application must be postmarked at least 30 days prior to the election in which you want to vote. If you register in person, you must register at least 30 days prior to the election in which you want to vote.
If you have previously registered, you generally remain registered unless you move or are no longer eligible to vote. If you have moved, you can change your address and update your registration. After registering, you will be given your precinct name and the location of that precinct's polling place. It is essential to update your registration with your current address information, even if have moved within the city, because your precinct may have changed.
City Precinct & Voting Locations
Your City precinct and the voting location is not the same location as for county and state elections. Your voter registration card from the City will list your assigned polling place. Polling places for City precincts include:
- Southside Church: 100 Nashville Ferry Road E
- Townsend Park: 826 15th Street S
- William Washington Terrace: 2201 8th Avenue S
Visit the Ward 1 page for additional information.
- East Columbus Gym: 207 Lawrence Drive
- Fairview School: 225 Airline Road
Visit the Ward 2 page for additional information.
- Columbus High School: 215 Hemlock
- First Assembly: 2201 Military Road
Visit the Ward 3 page for additional information.
- Columbus Fire Station Number 1: 205 7th Street S
- Propst Park Community Hut: 2535 Main Street
- Stephen Chapel Life Center: 2008 7th Avenue N
Visit the Ward 4 page for additional information.
- Boy Scout Building: 221 2nd Avenue N
- Fifteenth Street Church: 917 15th Street N
Visit the Ward 5 page for additional information.
- Brandon Central Office: 2630 McArthur Drive
Visit the Ward 6 page for additional information.